One of the best things about Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa is its location. Starting in the early 1970s, the city of Ixtapa was built from the ground up to be a world-class tourist destination. Located in the heart of Ixtapa, just 20 minutes from Ixtapa Zihuatanejo International Airport, Sunscape is ideally situated near a Dolphinarium and other unique local family attractions:
- Picante Catamaran Sail & Snorkel: Enjoy an exciting boat trip along Zihuatanejo’s coastline and an unforgettable snorkeling experience on a section of coral reef that’s home to a variety of marine flora and fauna. Then take a deep breath before flying high over La Ropa beach on the spinnaker sail—an adventure not to be missed!
- Picante Catamaran Sunset Tour: On this romantic tour, you’ll sail around Zihuatanejo Bay and into the Pacific sunset for a fabulous view of Ixtapa’s gleaming Hotel Zone.
- Swim with Dolphins: These amazing marine mammals enjoy being with people so much you can touch and caress them while they swim around you.
- Dolphin Encounter: Dive in and greet a dolphin by shaking its pectoral fins. Learn about these wonderful beings while you have fun playing with them.
- Delfiniti Kid: Beginning with a brief introduction to cetacean evolution and biology before entering the water, kids will have a great time learning about what makes dolphins such amazing creatures.
- Petatlan Town: Stroll through a village known for its relaxed atmosphere, shopping, church, street scene and Mexican traditions.
- Xihuacan: Marvel at the recently discovered archeological site of Meso-American ruins and amazing artifacts and jewelry in the site’s museum. Also known as Soledad de Maciel, the site offers an incredible glimpse of ancient Mexican cultures.
- Potosi’s Lagoon: This small Mexican fishing village on the Pacific coast of Guerrero is known for its beaches, tranquility and privacy as well as its wildlife.
- Las Gatas Beach: An excellent location for snorkeling and other water sports, this beach has white coral sand and crystalline waters that are ideal for a family excursion. Snorkeling gear and other water sports are available at additional cost.
- La Ropa Beach: This nearly mile long beach is frequented by swimmers and water sports enthusiasts who also enjoy the nearby restaurants and bars in this quaint Mexican town.
- Ixtapa Island or Isla Grande: This island paradise features a wildlife preserve, scenic crescent cove beaches, beautiful vegetation, underwater gardens and tropical fish. Non-motorized watersport equipment can be rented on-site.
- The Marina Ixtapa: Mexico’s biggest marina is formed by two basins and can handle 621 boats.
- Sightseeing and City Tour of Zihuatanejo: Enjoy unique cultural experiences in and around the local countryside. Learn about the tropical plants and regional fruit along with one of Mexico’s traditional tile art forms.
- Zip Lines: Parque Aventura offers different canopy activities, including the unforgettable thrill of flying over the trees on a 250 meter long zip line!
- Itaxapa City Tour: Stroll the boulevard of the hotel zone and visit beautiful beaches along the way. Find your souvenirs at a shopping mall with a handicrafts market. Cerro del Vigia, or Lookout’s Hill, is the best place to capture photographs of the breathtaking view of Zihuatanejo Bay
To learn more about tours close to Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, visit AMSTAR’s website.
- Beach volleyball
- Water volleyball and water polo
- Sport fishing*
- Scuba diving*
- Motorized water sports*
- Two waterslides
- Large main pool with pool games and swim-up bar
- Yoga on the beach daily
*Additional costs may apply.
- Outdoor Jacuzzi (adults only)
- Two lit tennis courts
- Golfing* (nearby)
- Outdoor theater
*Additional costs may apply.
Unlimited-Fun® continues with nightly live entertainment*, music and shows as follows:
- Mondays are Curaçao Day with folkloric lessons and shows
- Thursdays are Boulevard gala night: Dancing under the Stars
- Fridays join us for our Talent Night when the staff and guests show the best they have
* Nightly entertainment is subject to change without notice.
Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino boasts one of the largest and most visited casinos on the island of Curaçao. The casino offers plenty of adults-only fun from 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. daily. Try your hand at any of the following games*:
- Latest slot machines (close to 300 available)
- American Roulette tables (four available)
- Blackjack tables (four available)
- Caribbean Stud Poker tables (two available)
- And coming soon, three additional poker tables
Table games are open Monday through Saturday from 6 p.m. to 4 a.m. and Sunday from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m.
*Additional charges may apply.